Prayers for Tom Overton
From Clifton and Fred:
Many of you guys know Tom Overton from The Houston Post and University of St. Thomas.
He asked that I forward this. Hold him and his Judy, kids and doctors in your prayers for the next few days. Cancer doesn’t take a holiday, it seems.
From: TOver62331@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2006 7:51 PM
To: King, Fred (DCO)
Subject: hospital
Hi, Fred,… On Friday, I go into MDACC (M.D. Anderson Cancer Center) for embolization---where they stop up arteries likely to bleed during surgery. I'll be out on Saturday, with any luck. Then on Tuesday, I go in to MDACC for 12-14 hours of surgery to remove tumors on left ribs 5 & 6. Because the two surgeons who will work on me have to maneuver around nerves, essential blood vessels and all that crap near the spinal cord, this is a delicate and tricky procedure. I am simply asking the praying public to consider me and my Judy during this procedure. I'm going to be "out of it" during the whole procedure; I've got the easy part. Pray for Judy and those in the waiting room, and for the hands and minds of two surgeons, Drs. Walsh and Prabhu.
Thanks,
Tom Overton
The Post '78-'84
Many of you guys know Tom Overton from The Houston Post and University of St. Thomas.
He asked that I forward this. Hold him and his Judy, kids and doctors in your prayers for the next few days. Cancer doesn’t take a holiday, it seems.
From: TOver62331@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, May 25, 2006 7:51 PM
To: King, Fred (DCO)
Subject: hospital
Hi, Fred,… On Friday, I go into MDACC (M.D. Anderson Cancer Center) for embolization---where they stop up arteries likely to bleed during surgery. I'll be out on Saturday, with any luck. Then on Tuesday, I go in to MDACC for 12-14 hours of surgery to remove tumors on left ribs 5 & 6. Because the two surgeons who will work on me have to maneuver around nerves, essential blood vessels and all that crap near the spinal cord, this is a delicate and tricky procedure. I am simply asking the praying public to consider me and my Judy during this procedure. I'm going to be "out of it" during the whole procedure; I've got the easy part. Pray for Judy and those in the waiting room, and for the hands and minds of two surgeons, Drs. Walsh and Prabhu.
Thanks,
Tom Overton
The Post '78-'84
Atom
1 Comments:
True Thomas,
I'm thinking of you & Judy & kids.
The Over 50 Weekend Observer, W. Falls Class of 1977
Post a Comment
<< Home