Saturday, May 27, 2006

Joe Rutland in Laredo

Here's some excerpts from an e-mail from Joe Rutland, whom I hadn't heard from since he left the Chron in 2002. Good to hear from you Joe! ...

Whazzzupp!!!

God, I looked at the blog after making some perusals of the Web site and I'm glad I found the blog. Seeing Brenda's photos and all of those smiling faces brought a warm memory in my heart.
As a catchup (and I'll go Reader's Digest on it, OK) ... I'm now News Editor at the Laredo Morning Times in Laredo, Texas. Yeah, THAT Laredo ... where National Guard troops will be heading in June and, of course, that wonderful "fence" thing is going to work. Yeah, uh-huh. Whatever.

Before, I was living in Austin and commuting to Killeen to work for the Killeen Daily Herald paper as a copy editor/page designer. I was there for 15 months ...

So I also spent three months working for the Kerrville Daily Times, where (for a brief period of time) I worked within spitting distance (uh ... maybe the wrong words to use) of Doug Mitchell, who was sports editor at the time. ...

In the midst of all this, my father died in February 2004 after a long battle of numerous health conditions. My mother is currently in hospice care in Kingwood, about 40 miles north of Houston. ...

Should you wish to venture into my world of healing, rants and raves, my blog online is http://stateofhealing.blogspot.com and I simply offer this about my blog to you. It's me ... it's where I'm at in life right now and I don't expect everyone to like it or like me from what's written. But it's all me ... raw feelings, emotions and truths. ...

joerutland@sbcglobalnet (home e-mail)
jrutland@lmtonline.com (work e-mail)
512-968-4732 (cell phone)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home